Merkury - O.briareus

Whoops, Sorry D. :smile: There's a person with that name on another forum I read. Funny the connections a senile mind makes. :smile:

Cerulean;161257 said:
It was sad, and strange as well how attached I have become to this little animal in such a short period of time, especially with such little interaction.

I believe it is the foreign nature and mystery of these animals that captivates us, and the realization that we finally have one of our very own pulls us even further down the rabbit hole.

:biggrin2:Wahooo! She has moved from the big fake plastic rock! And, I think I have her eating shrimp now. She has been receptive to taking it, but never actually eating it, so I cut the pieces much smaller and it seems to be working. I knew if I put a real live rock in the tank she would prefer it to the security of the hollow plastic one. It was just a matter of time.

AND, in honor of the occasion (as well as our one week anniversary) I have given her a name.

I did not misunderstand, I was just trying to be a smart ...
She is now official.

It is helpful to locate posts if the octo name (and species) is in the title. If you would like me to add/change the title, let me know how you would like it modified

:sly: I know. And I was trying to be feisty. Lame attempt at 2am. You were probably able to see my first unedited post with the name in it weren't you? :cool2:

Since I subscribe to the thread, I would have seen it if I had been reading my email but I was reading it from the forum so, no, I had to wait ... for the grand entrance like everyone else :biggrin2:

I am really, really glad she is tanking the shrimp. Since she is older than mine, I was worried that they might not accept table shrimp until they reach the slower growth phase and keeping them fed on expensive foods is killing me.

I heard that. even at $1 per meal, it adds up. The size of the piece I fed her tonight was a little smaller than a pea. I can make a good 15-20 meals out of one medium sized shrimp. I think I will start to buy the smallest ones I can get if she continues to eat these.

dwhatley;161343 said:
It is helpful to locate posts if the octo name (and species) is in the title. If you would like me to add/change the title, let me know how you would like it modified

That sounds awesome. Just the typical format will be fine with name and species. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back