• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Meet Ozzie...what is he please?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe some of the experts can get somewhere, but for me, at least, I can't see much detail in those pics... does your camera have a way to reduce the exposure? It looks like it's judging the light level based on the white thing (cleaning magnet?) and overexposing the octopus... Also, if you have any info on where Ozzie came from, that could help with the ID.

Archer

Cuttlefish
Registered
OK..just spoke to the supplier.He is definately a dwarf octopus(hope hes not just saying that!) and he was imported from Idonesia...does that help:confused:

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Did I say :welcome: ? Anyway dwarf's are usually full grown when shipped, unfortunately. I found I was lucky if I had 2 months with them. He's cute! How is he doing?

Carol

Archer

Cuttlefish
Registered
He seems to be doing fine.Only had him since thursday so hes still hiding away.His mantle is about the size of a marble..legs maybe8-10cms.

Members online