Making choices for school.

for what I've heard from the Uni talks, as long as you reach the bar (example, a Score of IB Maths, Physics and Chem of 3 each, then you instantly go in, it's when you don't quite reach the bar when they start looking into your other stuff.) I hope I reach the bar...but I certainly hope that if it comes into how close I till I reach the bar, I hope that I'm only a hair's width of it.

Right now for this stuff its probably fine to be just around the bar, but at the university in a competitive field you might have hundreds of other students competing with you for graduate positions or funding. At that point you have to aim far above the bar to get anywhere :smile: Use this opportunity to practice keeping close-to-perfect grades while you shoot for close-to-perfect test scores.

I don't mean to sound discouraging, but it will be a lot of hard work to get there, and really the only way for it to work is to convince yourself you like hard work! :lol:

Dan

This is what I got for my GCSEs and single AS:

Chinese AS: A

GCSE:
Biz. Studies: B
Drama: C
Englist Lit. B
Geo.: B
Maths: A (WTF, I didn't study for it.)
First Language English w/ Grade 2 in Speaking and Listening: B
Co-ord. Science (Double Award): B & B

Lat Year, I got a A* for my Chinese GCSEs.

Seems like drawing octos on my test sheet gives me good luck. I was actually pleasently suprised with my grades.

(Judging by this, am I going to get in Uni?)

I think thats not an issue if a foreigner say and talk about mathematics.

Well for anyone the essence is the basics in mathematics that adds to ultimate

knowledge and calculability.

Good work, Eric! Looks like IB math, science, English and Chinese for you! Is there an IB exam for Chinese?

Dan is right that good grades are important, but your determination - as demonstrated by your long interest in cephalopods and marine life - counts for a great deal. An essay is part of many uni applications, and if you can choose the topic, you might write about cephalopods.

sorseress;100542 said:
You're doing very well, Chrono. You lived in Canada, I know, but were you born there, or in Hong Kong? I was wondering if you have dual citazenship.

Born in HK, lived in Canada then went back to HK.

IB is just absolutely boring my guts out, some of the stuff is already way over my head and we only had school for 2 weeks. I'm thinking about doing BTEC 3 now.

I have a request: could you please spell out these acronyms for those of us not in the know, like IB and BTECH? I did understand HK!

Thanks,
Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back