Looking for an Octo in Canada?

Discussion in 'Sources for Cephalopods and Food' started by Redoc, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Redoc

Redoc GPO Registered

I've been looking for an octopus for a while and an wondering if anyone can help with a good place to get an octopus in B.C. Canada. :banghead: The store I usually deal with brought one in for me but it was in pretty rough shape and didn't make it:angelpus: they have gotten one other one in and it was D.O.A. they just seem to be hit and miss when your not really looking for something the have lots but when you are their is nothing to be found(I'm sure you know what I mean). If someone could point me in the direction of a better supplier I would defiantly appreciate it:cool:

2. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

A month or two ago someone in Canada was posting that he could get octopuses for people. Hope he replies.

Nancy

3. dreadhead

dreadhead Haliphron Atlanticus Supporter

I think that was Aqua tech.

4. Redoc

Redoc GPO Registered

Thanks Aqua tech is on the other side of the country but at least the right side of the border for me. I went to their web site but it doesn't look ready to go yet, I may be wrong though.

5. Aqua Tech

Aqua Tech O. bimaculoides Registered

hey there yes we have some octos in stock but need ID's I have been away for a bit, actually B.C. to be exact, lol I travel there alot I have familiy in the comox Valley on the island. I am posting up a couple octos for ID now, so keep an eye out.

Mark,

6. michika

michika Larval Mass Registered

Aqua Tech,

Do you ever post your octos online on your website, or will you in the future?

7. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

:welcome: to TONMO, michika. You may want to keep an eye on the "Octopus Availability" thread as well as this one for that sort of info.

8. daddysquoc

daddysquoc Wonderpus Registered

if you can find a nearby breeder, maybe not on tonmo, that could be easier for you; you might want to look on the cephalopod page

9. Aqua Tech

Aqua Tech O. bimaculoides Registered

sorry for the delay yes the website will have octos for sale on it we are not scheduled to be completely open and selling till mid summer with any cephs i will keep you informed here on this forum though.

mark,

10. Zorica Grujic

Zorica Grujic Larval Mass Registered

you are located in guelph awua tech. do you also sell cuttlefish or cuttlefish eggs also. i will be ready for an octopus by fall, maybe late fall just shortly after you. please keep me in mind when you get them. i am located in wasaga beach ontario. thanks

11. CaptFish

CaptFish Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Just FYI this thread is over two years old, and Aqua tech has not been active in about a year. You might try calling them. PH:(519)826-1718

12. Zorica Grujic

Zorica Grujic Larval Mass Registered

thanks captfish

can yiou tell i do not use computers often. do you know of anyone that would sell cephalopods inb canada, specifically ontario canada? its been two yrs and i got a reply lol have a good day

13. CaptFish

CaptFish Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

I'm really not sure. I live in Florida. But hopefully a fellow Canadian can chime in and help out.

14. badgersheart

badgersheart Larval Mass Registered

i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a octopus or cuttlefish in ontario canada? would be of great help and thanks

15. rkelly47

rkelly47 Larval Mass Registered

I would also like to find some octo's in ontario, preferable london ontario.