Lighning for S. bandensis | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Lighning for S. bandensis

Nippel

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Hello,

I plan a 100gallon tank for my 8 S. bandensis babys. The big question is the lightnig, almost caused of the prices.

Do you thing that 2x39W on a tank with 100x65x60cm (40x25x23") is enoght to build a working biological system? That are 79W on 100 Gallon. Quite low light, but will it work? I don't want SPS

spinycheek

GPO
Registered
The cuttles won't care what light you use, but I would get brighter lights if you want to keep any type of coral or if you want to grow corraline algae. This is a good light and is very inexpensive, it will allow you to grow most low to moderate light corals.
. Any T-5 fluorescent fixture with at least 4 bulbs that run the length of your tank and have individual reflectors will work well for what you want to do.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
If you use a reflector, be sure you are getting one that specifically mentions saltwater compatibility.

Nippel

O. bimaculoides
Registered
sure, if i use 2x39W I'll use reflectors. I only want marco alge and soft corals like xenia spp. and such easy care corals.

You mean I should take 4x39W with reflectors?

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards