• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Lighning for S. bandensis

Nippel

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Hello,

I plan a 100gallon tank for my 8 S. bandensis babys. The big question is the lightnig, almost caused of the prices.

Do you thing that 2x39W on a tank with 100x65x60cm (40x25x23") is enoght to build a working biological system? That are 79W on 100 Gallon. Quite low light, but will it work? I don't want SPS

The cuttles won't care what light you use, but I would get brighter lights if you want to keep any type of coral or if you want to grow corraline algae. This is a good light and is very inexpensive, it will allow you to grow most low to moderate light corals.
product_info.php
. Any T-5 fluorescent fixture with at least 4 bulbs that run the length of your tank and have individual reflectors will work well for what you want to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back