L'Chaim!

um...

Architeuthis
Supporter
Yes, happy Hanukka!

And for all the pantheists, agnostics, atheists, and whatnots: Happy Festivus!!

:party:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Happy Christmas to all and have a Great Hogmany!

I intend to, I finally got rid of my thesis!! :D :D :D :D Thanks to all at Tonmo for helping with the prevarication and keeping me sane (marginally!).

Have had a few :wine: to celebrate and feeling mellow :D !

J

um...

Architeuthis
Supporter
Congratulations! Good stuff, Jean.

I've had a few :wine: , too. The most recent one will be a toast in your honour. I've also just discovered that we do, in fact, have olives in my kitchen, so a few celebratory :glass: may be in order.

:D

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Happy hanukah to all

Jean, congratulations! This is really big!

Martinis sound really good, but tonight I will have to toast you with beer and spicy noodles.

Melissa

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Jean said:
I intend to, I finally got rid of my thesis!! :D :D :D :D
:shock:

:notworth:

Congratulations Dr Jean :band:

I'm having one for you too :glass:

... and one for me :glass:

In fact one for everyone :glass:

And two for the little green people too :glass:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Thanks heaps everybody :oops: Sooooooooo glad that's over (although I am reminded......often.......by my supervisor that I now have to write papers :bonk: :bugout:)

I've climbed out of the wine bottle just in time for the christmas rush and summer season at the aquarium!!

J

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
This is actually a really good suggestion Melissa. Electronic copies of people's theses online (in series of manageable pdf files). I had thought of doing this with mine, or the memoir online, but I don't know what sort of memory is involved (not my rapidly diminishing recall, but that of the site). The word file was monstrous (120Mb I think), but that was in Word, with a ton of embedded images; it could be reduced in size quite considerably.

Hmmmm. Suggestions anyone?

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Melissa said:
Jean, after you've recovered, will you let us read it?

Melissa
Yikes, :bugout: you know not what you ask! It's HUGE, 300 odd pages and over 60,000 words. Maybe I can transfer it to pdf (not sure how mind you) or when I recover more fully I could write a synopsis.

How big a file can be attached anyway??

J

Members online

No members online now.