Kringles Journal

Watch for swelling. Infections around the eyes have occassionally been reported and at least two were hummelincki (one of mine and Skywindsurfer's Bubbles. Ohtoo was old and did not recover but Bubbles did.

No swelling, just white like Inks were when senescence started. Kringle is still eating quite a large piece of tiger shrimp. He watches with his good eye. I feel bad for him but he does not seem to be bothered by it. Reminds me of a cataract. He has not grown much more so I'm thinking he was an adult when I received him.

Sadly, Kringle is starting to refuse food. I have tried his usual shrimp, crabs, etc., and he just pushes it away. I think I see some pigment fading in his coloration as well. He is still coming out but the senseless pacing has started. I'm thinking Kringle was an adult when I received him.:sad:

RIP Kringle. I was sitting in the livingroom with my sons and noticed the tank was totally cloudy. As I approached the tank I saw what turned out to be the final puff of ink from his den. I have never had an octopus totally exhaust his supply of ink upon death in all the years I have had the pleasure of experiencing these amazing creatures in my home. I knew he was on his way as the signs were there, but never expected to be there for the final moment. Kringle will be missed.

Very odd end and I wonder if it happens more often than we know and is just gone when we find them (LMecher saw this with el Diablo too but with an octo that large, there was a whole lot of ink).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back