• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

King something octopus

Myth

Larval Mass
Registered
Hey. In a shop close to where i live they can order 3 kinds of octopus. 1 is the "blue ring", the 2nd was called something like "king *******" and the seller never mentioned the 3th one.

Now I have been searching the internet, but can't find any octopus starting with "king". Anyone here have an idea? The only extra info about it that i know is that it's 3 times more expensive than the blue ring (in this shop at least).

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi and welcome to TONMO.com! :welcome:

I've never heard of a "King" octopus - perhaps a literal translation of the name in some other language?

Why don't you phone the LFS with a pencil and paper at hand and take down the names exactly.

Nancy

shipposhack

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
They could mean a GPO, because they get mega-big. I don't know what one would be doing for sale though. Also get the regions they were collected from, if possible.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
Wasn't there some Greek play called "Octopus Rex"? :wink:

Myth

Larval Mass
Registered
thanks for the quick replies. I'll just go back sometime this week and be a bit more prepared than today. I had a lot more questions but forgot all of them. Still a lot I want to know and do before i'll finally get me an octopus.

Members online

No members online now.