just joined...where do you all buy live crabs etc

Discussion in 'Sources for Cephalopods and Food' started by schackmel, Sep 8, 2009.

1. schackmel

schackmel Pygmy Octopus Registered

Hi, I am new to this site. I have just purchased my first octopus..a pygmy that had been at my LFS for a couple weeks.

A little about myself...I have been in saltwater for a couple years now. I currently have a 135g reef tank, a FOWLR tank with a golden puffer and a 18g seahorse tank.

I have also kept a peacock mantis and an angler in the past. My house looks like a LFS.

I had been wanting and researching octopus and cuttlefish for sometime now. After my peacock died of old age, I had an open tank. I modded the tank to prevent any escapes and decided to go ahead and make the plung into an octopus.

My question though is where is the best place to buy live crabs for feeders? I have placed a couple ghost shrimp, a couple peppermint shrimp and 2 emerald crabs in his tank. Is there someplace that I can get fiddler crabs and other food for him? I have an extra tank set up to house the food.

thanks again

2. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

Many of us use Paul Sachs because he is very dependable and has fair pricing.

3. schackmel

schackmel Pygmy Octopus Registered

thanks!Ordered fiddlers from him and will get the shipment tomorrow!The octopus is doing well, he has already ate 2 emerald crabs (1 yesterday and 1 today)

4. Tommycs

Tommycs Wonderpus Supporter

I just received mine and I am very impressed with their services and prices.

5. newreef15

newreef15 Larval Mass Registered

what kind of setup do i need to keep my fidelers

6. corw314

corw314 Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

I just ordered some from him. They are brackish correct? Now I need to set up another tank....slowly the tank population is growing yet again.........

7. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator