• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

just joined...where do you all buy live crabs etc

Hi, I am new to this site. I have just purchased my first octopus..a pygmy that had been at my LFS for a couple weeks.

A little about myself...I have been in saltwater for a couple years now. I currently have a 135g reef tank, a FOWLR tank with a golden puffer and a 18g seahorse tank.

I have also kept a peacock mantis and an angler in the past. My house looks like a LFS.

I had been wanting and researching octopus and cuttlefish for sometime now. After my peacock died of old age, I had an open tank. I modded the tank to prevent any escapes and decided to go ahead and make the plung into an octopus.

My question though is where is the best place to buy live crabs for feeders? I have placed a couple ghost shrimp, a couple peppermint shrimp and 2 emerald crabs in his tank. Is there someplace that I can get fiddler crabs and other food for him? I have an extra tank set up to house the food.

thanks again

thanks!Ordered fiddlers from him and will get the shipment tomorrow!The octopus is doing well, he has already ate 2 emerald crabs (1 yesterday and 1 today)

I just ordered some from him. They are brackish correct? Now I need to set up another tank....slowly the tank population is growing yet again.........

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back