Hi folks!

Grantman

Hatchling
Registered
Featured Thread #1
I am a long time ceph enthusiast that has been visiting this site for years. I finally decided to join. I did my masters thesis on the sepiolid squid Rossia pacifica at Western Washington U. from the Shannon Point lab (class of '95). I currently work at the Humboldt State U. marine lab as an equipment technician (1996 - present). I maintain the seawater system and public aquarium at our facility (among other things). I am also the local ceph expert at our lab and work with students helping them with their research projects. I have assisted students with projects involving Enteroctopus dofleini, Octopus rubescens, Loligo opalescens and Sepia bandensis. HSU's research vessel, the Coral Sea, sometimes gets interesting cephs while on various cruises such as Doscidicus gigas, Chiroteuthis spp. and amazingly Haliphron atlanticus! I occasionally receive specimens from commercial fishermen including Opisthoteuthis californicus, Histioteuthis hoylei and, my favorite, Onykia robusta (I have a 12' specimen of one waiting to be curated)!

Attachments

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Wow - very cool! Thanks for joining, @Grantman -- looking forward to your contributions!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmg

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak