Hi folks!

Grantman

Hatchling
Registered
I am a long time ceph enthusiast that has been visiting this site for years. I finally decided to join. I did my masters thesis on the sepiolid squid Rossia pacifica at Western Washington U. from the Shannon Point lab (class of '95). I currently work at the Humboldt State U. marine lab as an equipment technician (1996 - present). I maintain the seawater system and public aquarium at our facility (among other things). I am also the local ceph expert at our lab and work with students helping them with their research projects. I have assisted students with projects involving Enteroctopus dofleini, Octopus rubescens, Loligo opalescens and Sepia bandensis. HSU's research vessel, the Coral Sea, sometimes gets interesting cephs while on various cruises such as Doscidicus gigas, Chiroteuthis spp. and amazingly Haliphron atlanticus! I occasionally receive specimens from commercial fishermen including Opisthoteuthis californicus, Histioteuthis hoylei and, my favorite, Onykia robusta (I have a 12' specimen of one waiting to be curated)!

Attachments

• IMG_4689.JPG
    IMG_4689.JPG
    700.5 KB · Views: 49

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back