• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Help injured octopus

Inkman

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Hi all I acquired a very small octopus species unknown and was thought to be steped on in fish store by accident not moving tentacles very much but breathing is normal is there anything I can do to rehab him

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Registered
I'm not sure any of us would have much movement after being stepped on by a giant. Either it's injuries are not severe and it is slowly recovering, or it is not going to make it. It's kind of you to try and rescue the little guy.

Inkman

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
He didn't make it poor little guy I was so hopefully I had a line on another tank n everything to help hm recover

Inkman

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Me n queenb just got four briars by accident lol I'm trying to get tanks to house but need more money lol. We were hoping for mercs but 2 died and mine wich I thought was a merc is Idead a briar lol

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
That's Octopus briareus, Twich who will not stay pygmy sized long. Keep in mind that this species if quite cannibalistic so you cannot house them together. If you try a partition (not recommended) be sure they cannot see each other.

Members online