Hate mail for like-minded conservationists

Fujisawas Sake said:
Tani,

Check the Moneterey Bay Aquarium's "seafood watch" page. Its can be found at http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/seafoodwatch.asp . Its a conservation-friendly seafood page.

John

Thanks, John, this is a great source. Unfortunately, while it covers other types of pollution, it doesn't appear to deal with mercury or PCBs. For example, they give a "green light" to Halibut, though I've read in another source that Halibut's safety is questionable due to the PCB content.

It would be good to find a PCB/mercury content fish list and then cross-reference it with the Seafood Watch list. Any suggestions?

Domo arigato,
Tani

Evil monkeys. Yes, squid are good, and they shouldn't have gaffed it... but these PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) people are just insane! Hate mail's a stupid thing... Steve, I doubt they're worth replying to. Don't waste words on morons!

(I like getting indignant!)

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes:

This is a recent news story which is a follow-up on an earlier news story, part of a cautionary tale about what happens when a non-native species is introduced into an ecosystem (you Aussies know about this already with those Cane Toads).

In this case the invaders are of a near-Lovecraftian nature, and their recurring appearance in various scattered locations is reminiscent of '50s horror flicks. Presented for your approval: The Curious Case of Frankenfish....

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20030924035909990001&_mpc=news.10.1

CNN.com - Snakeheads, other invaders cost billions - Sep. 24, 2002

[Tony, please clean up that first link, which I hope works 'cause it's an AOL story]

Humungous Squid? Nuh - not at all appetising.

Prodigious Squid - has a certain ring to it.

MEGASQUID -now we are talking!!!

Who said yours is bigger than mine? My Websters is about 5" thick.

I'll have to delve deeper into this matter.

How about "HOLY CRAP, THAT'S ONE BIG SQUID!"

Or perhaps, "The squid approximately half the size of New Zealand"

Or maybe even "Le squid de enourmous"

Who knows? Maybe Megateuthis way-bigger-than-your-puny-excuse-for-a-squid,-ha-ha-in-your-face

Quote:
Humungous Squid? Nuh - not at all appetising.

Prodigious Squid - has a certain ring to it.

MEGASQUID -now we are talking!!!

Who said yours is bigger than mine? My Websters is about 5" thick.

I'll have to delve deeper into this matter.

How about "HOLY CRAP, THAT'S ONE BIG SQUID!"

Or perhaps, "The squid approximately half the size of New Zealand"

Or maybe even "Le squid de enourmous"

Who knows? Maybe Megateuthis way-bigger-than-your-puny-excuse-for-a-squid,-ha-ha-in-your-face

How about "oh that wee squid, you shoulda seen it's Mum!" :twisted:

J

All the 'accidents' with the nets might actually piss me off even more. At least there's a point to the dolphin slaughter (****ed up as it might be).

:x :frown: :x

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back