found another octo distributer

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by joefish84, Dec 4, 2005.

1. joefish84

joefish84 Sepia elegans Registered

well i found another octo supplier out of florida. heres the link'
    http://members.aol.com/tscaturro/Main.html

it just says octopus but im sure you could call and get an exact species and not only that their only 30 bucks might be worth a call. if anyone talks to these guys let me know what they can get and how small etc.

2. bmatson

bmatson O. bimaculoides Registered

Looks like if you click on octopus there is more info. It says they sell Octopus briareus at 1/2-3in.

3. Mermaid

Mermaid Pygmy Octopus Registered

hey, does anyone know where i can get an octopus from(apart from the blue-ring octopus)? I live in Sydney city, Australia... i have asked all the major aquariums including the two i work at and no-one can get them in...plaese help me. I keep getting promised that il get an octopus and nothing happens...

4. Feelers

Feelers Vampyroteuthis Registered

Can you catch it yourself? Thats what I'm probably gonna do, hopefully it wont be too hard!!
    Possibly go and ask some fishermen about it- say youll give them $10 for an octo. I dunno about Aus but here crayfishing always ends up with an octo in one of the pots. All they'd be doing is not throwing it back - and making a quick $10.

Or perhaps ask the local aquarium or something, they'll probably have some suggestions.
    I think there is a type of octo specific to the sydney area - dont quote me on it though :D

5. joefish84

joefish84 Sepia elegans Registered

walk around tide pools at night with flashlights and more than likely youll find baby octos or midgets

6. Jean

Jean Colossal Squid Supporter

I wouldn't get one from a fisherman here Feelers! What they almost always get in their pots is Pinnoctopus cordiformis waaaaaaaaay too big for a home aquarium!

J

7. Feelers

I have heard of one in a 100G in America somewhere. The one in the Napier aquarium was in a tank smaller than mine I think.

8. Jean

:shock: Not good! Our octopus tank is 3600L (~951G) and we worry that it's not big enough! How big is your tank again???

J

9. Feelers

80G, its funny I have converted to non-SI units. :D

Im not really sure what the napier aquarium was, looked to me about 180L maybe.

10. Jean

Still too small for anything but a baby P. cordiformis. Hope they release often!

J

11. Feelers

It wasnt full size, but it was pretty big - maybe 2/3 hannibals size. I went there a while ago, so I'm not really too sure on the tank size, but it was just a bare tank - wall mounted, and the octo just stuck to the wall.

12. Jean

UGH!...............Poor octi, mind you Hannibal sticks to the glass from time to time just for a snooze :sleeping: and he has a well aquascaped tank!

J