• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

found another octo distributer

hey, does anyone know where i can get an octopus from(apart from the blue-ring octopus)? I live in Sydney city, Australia... i have asked all the major aquariums including the two i work at and no-one can get them in...plaese help me. I keep getting promised that il get an octopus and nothing happens...

Can you catch it yourself? Thats what I'm probably gonna do, hopefully it wont be too hard!!
Possibly go and ask some fishermen about it- say youll give them $10 for an octo. I dunno about Aus but here crayfishing always ends up with an octo in one of the pots. All they'd be doing is not throwing it back - and making a quick $10.

Or perhaps ask the local aquarium or something, they'll probably have some suggestions.
I think there is a type of octo specific to the sydney area - dont quote me on it though :biggrin2:

Feelers said:
I dunno about Aus but here crayfishing always ends up with an octo in one of the pots. All they'd be doing is not throwing it back - and making a quick $10.

I wouldn't get one from a fisherman here Feelers! What they almost always get in their pots is Pinnoctopus cordiformis waaaaaaaaay too big for a home aquarium!

J

It wasnt full size, but it was pretty big - maybe 2/3 hannibals size. I went there a while ago, so I'm not really too sure on the tank size, but it was just a bare tank - wall mounted, and the octo just stuck to the wall.

Feelers said:
It wasnt full size, but it was pretty big - maybe 2/3 hannibals size. I went there a while ago, so I'm not really too sure on the tank size, but it was just a bare tank - wall mounted, and the octo just stuck to the wall.

UGH!...............Poor octi, mind you Hannibal sticks to the glass from time to time just for a snooze :sleeping: and he has a well aquascaped tank!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back