First Pic of Jetta's Babies

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As you know now, Debbie (dbbga) is letting me have 6 of Jetta's babies to attempt to raise - thanks, Debbie!

We both know that the chances of seeing any of these babies through to maturity are slim, but I'll try my best. I'm turning the babies loose in a 19 gallon mature tank teeming with amphipods. (and thanks to Colin, for encouraging me to take on this project!)

These pics were taken by my husband Bill of Jetta and the babies in Debbie's tank. One shows Jetta, another Jetta and the containers with the babies, and the third shows a baby. These are the first published pics of Jetta's babies! :)

Nancy

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
OUTSTANDING SHOTS!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for coming over getting your babies and PLUS a HUGE THANK YOU to you and your husband for taking such great pics of Jetta and her babies...... :birthday: to all the new arrivals

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh.......Jetta looked like she was trying to get her babies!!! How tiny and cute!!! Best of luck to both the new OctoMOM's!!!!!

Carol

Eagleray

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on raising them. From what I have read, it is difficult, but I'm sure that if anyone can, you can do it. Best of luck.

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
here are the pics Alicia took of the babies she took home,,, one is of the eggs just seconds before hatching and the other two are of they babies

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
The octos certainly are tiny and they look so cute! Thats a very nice pic of jetta Nancy!

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
This is very cool. :cheers: to everyone and best of luck on the rearing!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sergeyEntemia