[Octopus]: El Diablo - O. vulgaris

I will check out those links when I get a chance. I didn't see Diablo out with the lights on yesterday, the fish may have traumatized him or maybe the rearrangement of rocks. He did however off the arm of greeting when I placed my hand on the glass. He was out after lights off. I fed him than took a few shots. I think is looks fine.

DSCN1405.jpg

DSCN1426.jpg

DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1435.jpg

Rock rearrangement does seem to have an effect on them for a day or two (no matter WHO rearranges the rocks :biggrin2:). Part of the reason I did not transfer Monty last weekend was that he is not quite daily with his socialization (almost!) and I know moving him will stop that for awhile so I want it fully ingrained before the move.

A neighbor stopped by that had never met Diablo. I usually never have trouble coaxing him out of his den. My usual tapping didn't work so I put my hand in and wiggled my fingers, he quickly come out and as a bonus, Kelly got a show as Diablo let me pet is mantle then came to the surface and stretched an arm out of the tank but quickly pulled it back in. I am very proud that he didn't missbehave in front of company. He's a good boy. So many people are so suprised to see that an octopus is not horrible and can have a real sweet personality. It makes me feel good when I can help dispell a myth, they are not slimey monsters of the deep.

I actually feel very proud when we have successful interaction without crawling out of the tank or cannon blasts. D, I wish you could experience one of Diablo's blastings, then maybe you wouldn't laugh quite so hard. :tomato:

D's not the only one LOL. I could see it if Isis did it everytime I went to the tank but just from hearing about your adventures its quite funny. I am glad he behaved too. I dont think it would have been much fun cleaning off the neighbor lol.

dwhatley;165911 said:
Something about his eyes always makes me want to reach into the photo and pet him.

I see it too, it's love :lol:
Ha ha, no really there is a gentleness in his eyes and it makes me want to cuddle him.

He is out now playing with his toys. The red octopus is his favorite. :smile:

DSCN1483.jpg

looks like someone wants to come out and play
Are you referring to yourself or el Diablo? :wink:

Something about thoses eyes remind me of a character drawing that was popular when I was very, very young (like 7 or 8). I can't quite remember what it looked like or why we drew it but they bring back a very vauge memory.

It seems the bigger the octo (species) the more treasures they may collect (not sure if GPO collect oddities though). Going through different species middens would be a fun summer project.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back