• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Does anyone own a mimic octopus/ sources for a mimic octopus

A friend of mine named Rob has been keeping cephs for many years now, and wants to try his luck at a mimic octopus. Or, in the event he can't find one to purchase, he's interested in a deceased one to preserve in formalin, for his biological specimens collection. Anyone able to help us out?

Thank you, I have previously read these articles, and I know Rob has two. He has waited a while, and only wanted to get one now because of his experience with octopuses. I've never had a pet octopus but hope to get a bimac in the next 5 months or so. I do hope that we see a clear evaluation for their population numbers with the revised ICUN redlist coming out soon.

Hello! I live in The Philippines, I have two mimics and both of them i just caught while my family and I went out of town. I was just snorkeling by the shore and I saw something stripes and just swayed my net over them and to find out they are rare! I showed my mom and dad and they were amazed. But this was like 4 years ago didn't know how much it costs but now I do. Last week at are local fish store I saw one that costs 3,500 pesos like $70(USD)? So, yeah just sharing. I think it will be easy for you to get here just go to some beaches here like in Batangas and ask the fishermen to catch you some. I myself will go back to that resort where I caught 5 octopus in one day!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back