Cephalopods attacking swimmers?

Lux

Hatchling
Registered
Hello everyone,
First of all, english isn't my main language so I appologize for the mistakes and possible misundurstanding.
That beeing said, I'm here because a friend of mine told me that a group of cephalopods attacked swimmers, targeting purposedly their gears to drawn them. Like, they would have understood it helps them to breath. I'm a bit sceptical to say the least, and I tried to find informations about it for hours before I ended up here. I think I might be in the right place to find answers. Have you guys ever heard of some sort of story?
Thanks a lot!

Hi @Lux - of course, it's hard to know the intent behind the action. Octopuses are curious and very grabby / feely. When grabbing and dismantling equipment, they may or may not know the impact to the diver.
Have you guys ever heard of some sort of story?
It's not uncommon, so yes I've heard such stories -- must be scary if you're down deep! :snorkel: And I imagine there are many untold stories as well :goofysca:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back