Briareus baby update

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
We have had three more sightings of our little briareus. It comes out about 10:00 pm, when the lights in the kitchen have been off for a while. This has made it impossible to get photos so far.

Her temporary name is Little Pod. She's about the size Ollie was when she arrived - about a one inch mantle. She is not heavily textured and is often red brown, but sometimes her arms are very light.

Last night and tonight I put out small pieces of thawed frozen shrimp and she's taken them. I also bought a couple of fiddler crabs and red legged hermit crabs for her. She's already eaten hundreds of amphipods that were in the tank - that's what she lived on.

She has a good den behind and under the live rock. I think she's been watching us for a long time and is only now beginning to show herself.

We are still in shock that we suddenly have an octopus!

Nancy

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Hi Nancy!

Littlel Pod!! I like that!!! I bet she has been watching you!!! How big will she get? What size tank do you see her ending up in? I have hope maybe I'll get a pleasant surprise one day from Rummlers babies :mrgreen: !!

Carol

Colin

Colossal Squid
Supporter
well carol.. it just goes to show that it might well happen.. especially since your tanks are mature too, plenty amphipods...

nancy ~ Do you not mean to call it 'Little 'Pod Muncher'?

Members online

No members online now.