BORA - A. aculeatus

Cuddlycuttlefsh;186650 said:
Believe it or not, when some octopi have multiple dens (or just two) the tendancy of moving from one den to another might be manipulated by the octopuses mood at the time.
Any eggs yet?

Well I found bora floating at the top of my tank last night she looke like a ball of goo. ;( I haven't seen any octopi in the tank so maybe she died of old age or stress from when she got out ? But so what is the best thing to do now? Do I re cycle the tank or do I continue to do my normal water changes and just get the next octopus I can get my hands on?

I have never had a spike after a death but that is often not the case. My tanks have been established for several years and I have learned the signs to watch for so my animals are rarely in the tank more than a few hours after death (sometimes only a few minutes). This is part of what Thales calls getting your saltwater thumb and the observations are not easily transferred to others, some how you just "know".

Do a normal water change and be sure you stir up your substrate and blow off your LR. Check your tank for ammonia and nitrite. If they are detectable, do heavy water changes until they are not. If you have to do more than one water change in order to not detect either, wait a week and test again. If her death did not cause a spike or when you have a full week with no detection the you are free to add a new ceph.

sorry i havent been on in a while but ive been doing my normal water changes and levels have been fine. i called my lfs to see if they can get me another octopus hoping it will be another bora but they said they cant right now so i might just have to wait untill the water warms up and they start to carry them in the store. thanks for all your guys help i really appreciate it. the next octopus i get i will share my experience with you guys and hopefully i will keep learning and become a expert keeper like some on here. thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back