Beak

Well, I almost posted earlier that Brutus was a fearless little creature...interesting seeing the beak and the ?siphon, cool watching him use the siphon to stay afloat.:smile:

Brutus actually is a pretty fearless creature - just up to the threshold of self preservation. The ability to regenerate limbs helps, even between molts. I've learnt a lot from Neville already - the extendable-retractable tentacles, sticky, with a pattern a bit reminiscent of gecko feet at first glance; the pre- and post-ocular tentacles; the bulb-like shape of the buccal mass; the strangeness of the pinhole camera eye; the maneuverability of the animal, with siphon pointed forwards, backwards, sideways at will.

Attachments

• conv_298059.jpg
    conv_298059.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 159
I am totally not familiar with IDing anything like this BUT you might grab a pair of blue and red glasses and look over this site:

Links to cephalopod beaks

You may not find this one but the site is worth knowing about for future examination and is interesting in its own right.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back