Anyone want baby Caribbean Reef Squid?

John Reichard

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this week i found some deserted baby reef squid less than an inch long. They had gotten washed up in a puddle at New Port Cove Marina and where going to die if i did nothing so I let 3/4 of them go and have now 6 of them in a 30 gallon tank I'm selling 3 of them any one want some? They seem very healthy and eat live brine every day.

Attachments

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Hey John. Where do you live. I live just north of Tampa. Maybe I can come to you and get one of these and maybe help you with your octopus and system. Thank you for thinking of me with these squid. I would need to do some research on what they need and tank size. I have no idea how well these will ship.

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Also just for a bit of info you will want to get them eating something else besides brine. Brine shrimp has very little food value. Kind of like us eating cotton candy. I would be trying frozen mysis. If you get them eating mysis I think you have a good chance of them making it. Then again I know nothing about these like what species and what they need. Can you tell me how big they are? I have a tank ready LOL

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
just did a little reading about these. Looks like they should be kept in a group so you might want to sell the 3 to just one person. I am up for it but I am not trying to take them away from any one else.

Ohthebrewtality

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
I would like all 3 depending on price (plus shipping to CA). I teach marine studies here (Valencia High School) and mollusca is our next unit. Let me know if they are still available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hnxccv

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards