• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

wonderpus

just found out a lfs brings in a constant supply of wonderpus and mimic octopus, so far he brought in about 3 or 4 wonderpus and 1 mimic octopus starting from last year dec. Its going for 180. Really wondering if i should get it.

I had a wunderpus with great sucess. she loved frozen shrimp i would say the friendlest and most intresting species i've ever had the joy of keeping. Although as a warning the life span is very short mine lived only 6 months. $180 is a little steep but i also payed $225 for mine just to find out that if i had waited a month i could of got one for $100.

It's a bit alarming if they truly do have a steady supply. They aren't the most abundant things out there, that's for sure. Plus, being top "wish list" items by divers, they are worth way more alive to the dive industry than to a collector. Many people can enjoy them on a dive and then let them live to reproduce, at the same time benefitting a sustainable livelihood for locals.

Anyway, if you can, it would be great if you could send pics of the mantle to Wunderpix (the gmail email address), a project currently using photos to document the movements, origin, and life span of these animals.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back