• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

where to get one

Satiknee

Hatchling
Registered
hello i live in Ontario and i'm interested getting an octopus but i don't know where i could get one around here. Please reply if you know where i could get one.what size of tank would be good?. Thank you. p.s preferably an O. briareus

First things first. You need to have the tank ready long before you start looking for the octopus, and that will take probably 6 months, and a minimum of $1000.00. Keep checking back here, the old site had great articles on the subject tin an easy to find format, but currently we are "under constructiion" and we aren't quite there again yet. In the meantime, I recommend that you get and study a book by Nancy King and Colin Dunlop, "Cephalopods, Octopus and Cuttlefish for the Home Aquarium" It's a terrific book from 2 of our staff members who are very experienced at keeping cephalopods. The book is available from Amazon. You really need to know what you are doing , and it's usually best to start with another saltwater tank before you try something as difficult as an octopus.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back