What is your octo's name?

NecrochildK

Cuttlefish
Registered
I was just curious to see some of the names people have come up with for their octos. I talked with my husband last night about eventually getting one once I have my saltwater tank octoproofed, set up and running for a few months and at first he was "Eh" then I said "We could name it C'thulu..." "Okay! Can we feed it the souls of a dying world?" "No" "Awwww"

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Ink, Inklet, Rummler, Lil Pumpkin, Egor, Hermin, Biddle, G-2, Stumpy, and that's all I can think of the moment. For me, we take turns. Sometimes the kids name them hence Lil Pumpkin's name and sometimes a name just hits me like Biddle was the name of a residents lawyer and Rummler was the name of a teacher I worked with!

NecrochildK

Cuttlefish
Registered
corw314;108017 said:
Ink, Inklet, Rummler, Lil Pumpkin, Egor, Hermin, Biddle, G-2, Stumpy, and that's all I can think of the moment. For me, we take turns. Sometimes the kids name them hence Lil Pumpkin's name and sometimes a name just hits me like Biddle was the name of a residents lawyer and Rummler was the name of a teacher I worked with!
^_^ Cute! lol I like Rummler. For some reason Dante hit me as a good name for any really explorative octopi.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
The best place to look for a long list of octopus names is the List of Our Octopuses at the top of the Journals and Photos forum in Ceph Care:
http://www.tonmo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11113

This list has become so long that it's divided into two separate posts.
Last year I recorded more than 70 TONMO.com octopuses, and most have been give names.

It's facinating to read all the names!

Nancy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnyegaard

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean