Well, here it goes

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by Lime, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Lime

Lime O. vulgaris Registered

My parents have finally taken the idea of getting an octopus into consideration. Now I will need like an overall list of the things I need an approximately a cost of each one. I would love anyone who posts one or links me to one. :razz: :heee:

2. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

3. Lime

I looked at the equipment thing, it was very descriptive. But it didn't really show the prices, which is more what I'm looking for now. But I'm gonna check those others out now. Thanks, Monty. :grin:

4. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Architeuthis Supporter

If you will just google the products name you should get some online vendor prices.

5. Lime

Thanks, Animal Mother. I looked through those articles, did some research, and found some good price estimates. Now I only really have to do is find out some information about keeping it, feeding it, and talk my parents into buying the equipment and things needed. Then I will need to do a 3 month tank run then I will get my octopus. :)

6. aristocat

aristocat Cuttlefish Registered

have you had any experience with marine fish keeping? sometimes its not the best thing to start an octopus as a first tank.:grad:

7. Lime

Acctually yes, I have had alot of expierence. My house was getting repair so my dad had to take down the tank and everything. But now that most of the repairs are done, my dad might be able to put it back up or get a new one. No, there were no instances of copper used in it, if anyone was thinking. But it is a 55 - 60 gallon tank I believe, so I'm not getting a big octo. :) I live pretty close to the ocean, and there is a small little river/stream thing only 2 streets away from my house, so I can have a pretty steady shrimp and crab income for free. So, thats a pretty good thing.

8. esquid

esquid Haliphron Atlanticus Supporter

What did you have before the tank got broken down? Just curious.

erin

9. Lime

Umm, I had some hermit crabs, many different types of fish, an eel a very long time ago (don't remember which type), some shrimp (the pet kind, not the kind you eat), some different types of live rock, some other stuff but don't remember. Oh yeah, my dad had a pirhana, but that was before I was born so I didn't get to see it. :( Same fish tank though.