Washington Post front page article | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Washington Post front page article

Fujisawas Sake

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Just freakin' wonderful... I spent a summer in Florida where I was priviledged to spend some time working measuring transects of mangroves. To see this unique and fascinating ecosystem destroyed by such selfishness saddens me indeed.

Oh, and btw, while I was working in Florida through Kennedy Space Center, I was also given the unique opportunity to see the photos and models of sea level rise and the effect it will have on these coastal areas and resorts. I hope they rest well on their laurels, because it won't be for more than a few decades before they're in serious trouble.

I live only a few blocks from a man-mad marsh and Humboldt Bay, and I have to say that it makes a serious difference in the types of flora and fauna observed in an area.

Sad news indeed.

John

Members online

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards