Truffles passed away last night.

sideways

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Well I got up this morning and Truffles was at the front of the tank curled up and upside down. :( He was due for a water change yesterday and he had spent the day inside his shell. He usually hides out in there but he wouldn't come out yesterday for me or for the crab I put in the tank. Up until yesterday he had been playful and a hungry predator. I did a water change last night and everything seemed just fine. But this morning, he was gone. I'm a little mad this time around since Roxy did so good and this little guy only lasted a month and a half. I think It's gonna be a while before I try again. I may wait until after we move in July and set up a 70 gallon. We'll see, but no plans for right now. John

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear this. :cry: I guess some are just not as strong as others, sounds like there's nothing you could have done.

Truffles was a fine little octopus and we enjoyed the photos of him.

Hope you don't give up - Carol lost Lil Pumpkin, but Inklet is doing fine.

Nancy

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
:( I am so sorry to hear about Truffles. Wonder what happened...Don't give up! You had great success with Roxy, and maybe something was not quite right with Truffles. There is such a high mortality rate in the wild, and as someone said to me when Lil Pumpkin passed, we maybe giving these babies a chance they maynot have had in the wild!

Anyway, I'm so sorry!!!

Carol

sideways

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Thanks for all the condolences, I appreciate it. I guess it could have been water quality but then again it could have just been Truffles. I'll definitely get another but I'm not rushing it. John

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Take things a step at a time, try to find if there is anything wrong on your side, if there isn't ( which I believe so), there was just nothing you could have done.

RIP Truffles :cry:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Sorry John. RIP Truffles. :(

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
John,

So sorry to hear of your loss!!!! I was busy all weekend and this is the first thread I come to. :cry:

Sorry it took a few to let you know my condolences. I will be waiting for that 70 gal and to hear of your new adventures!!!

sideways

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I'll still try to come around and see what's going on with everyone else's wonderful pets. I had wanted to get another one right away after Roxy, but I just don't have that feeling this time. I wan't to make sure everything is 110% for the next one, even if it means waiting several months. See ya'll round the board, John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcorbell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak