TONMOCON III - you really gonna go?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Would like to take a poll, given current market conditions. Let's assume a West coast event because that is most likely.

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Yupperz!

Jana

Blue Ring
Supporter
Finding more information

I was wondering where you could find more information regarding this event. I am curious to see what things we would have the opportunity to participate in and the cost, etc.:confused:

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
I think there are still schedules from tonmocon I and II in other threads, but so far the events have been one day of lectures on topics ranging from science to husbandry to art, a few silly events (remote control cuttlefish races, Cthulhu costumes), some casual get-togethers for meals and such, usually some retiring to pubs or hanging around in hotel rooms chatting, some group wandering around attractions like aquariums, and sometimes special tours (like Gilly's lab, MBARI, and Mote.) It's usually been few enough people that it can be flexible and casual, and give people chances to get together in smaller groups to get to know each other and so forth.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
actually it's not no matter what ....if I won the lottery (a big win) I'd be there but from the other side of the world and not much $$$$$ I'm afraid I'll be attending vicariously again!

J

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Perhaps we can finally stream this event.

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I know, but who do we know at comcast? :wink:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Silly Cthulhu costumes? I beg your pardon? To be sweated to death in a fabrication that smelled like rotten oysters only to be called silly?

Seriously, I doubt I have learned more about cephalopods in my life in such a short time, Tonmocons are well worth attending.

I may have found a way to stream it, if Tony and Monty already haven't !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcorbell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak