The Squid and the Whale

Discussion in 'Culture' started by erich orser, Jan 5, 2005.

1. erich orser

erich orser Architeuthis Supporter Registered

My wife was on her lunch break and called to let me know that while checking out a special effects/animation trade magazine, she came across what appears to be an animated film going into production called "The Squid and the Whale" from Peter Newman Prods./Conway Films. No other information was available, and we are not familiar with either company, so it looks like a small production, but thought I'd give a quick heads-up to the ceph community.

Erich :whalevsa:

2. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Which mag??? I would like to pick that one up...sounds fun!
    greg

3. erich orser

Rebecca told me that it was a trade publication called Below the Line. She also mentioned the address www.btl.com (or perhaps www.BTL.com) but I haven't been able to locate it yet. I think there's more than one company using that name. Maybe she can bring the copy home from work with her.

I certainly hope this isn't some aquatic variant of The Fox and the Hound: beloved friends as children, bitter enemies as adults, etc. "But Squiddy, Mama says we can't play together anymore!" If it's a musical, I certainly hope there's a scene with an Archi tap-dancing...

Glub! :wink:

4. erich orser

My Bad!

The address is www.btlnews.com. Haven't gone there yet, but will after I post this.

Erich

5. erich orser

BOOO!

Live-action family drama. Not a film featuring Architeuthis Vs. Sperm Whale, except in concept. No tap-dancing Architeuthis. It's a story about NY-based writers starring Laura Linney and Jeff Daniels. Admire their work, wish it were about cephs. Darn! Sorry if I got anybody's hopes up, particularly Greg.

Erich :sad:

6. chrono_war01

chrono_war01 Colossal Squid Supporter

Darn

Boo..
    Darn, had my hopes up.