The NY Times is saying that two Japanese Scientists have caught a giant squid on film

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Interesting............would like to see that tape!

I see we have the 60 foot length again!!!!

J

parandroidx

Larval Mass
Registered
wow thats really cool.

i've actually been a lurker here ever since the colossal squid pictures came up, and i love this website.

so i was wondering.

Steve, what have you heard about all of this?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Parandroidx, welcome!! Seems you've been here for quite a while, but glad you have de-lurked! :smile:

Re: copyright, I've removed the article from being reprinted here; links are OK but recreating article content would be a violation. Re: the pictures, I think we're OK there -- it seems to be common form on message communities to share photos. In any event, per our Terms of Service, each of you are responsible for what you post. :wink:
:police:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster

Clem

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
MSNBC is carrying this news on their site.

The second item in MSNBC's Related Stories box reads: "Report: Jennifer Jason Leigh marries."

I am not making this up.

Clem

um...

Architeuthis
Supporter
Clem, MSNBC seems to have developed itself a killer metaphor engine. I find the didgeridoo music story much harder to connect. :hmm:

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Jean said:
Interesting............would like to see that tape!

I see we have the 60 foot length again!!!!

J

I would like to see that tape too! I And the 60 foot length sure is annoying...now everyone else thinks I'm a nut in school becuase of my ranting on the "Not 60 foot!"

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I've long-since given up; journalists are generally disinterested in facts - they cannot be bothered with homework. Not all are superficial, but you've got to weed the good from the bad, and deal only with them; unfortunately the bad will continue to proliferate crap.

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Supporter
tonmo said:
"They ground up some squid gonads"...

:shock: :goofysca:

Poor :archi:
I'm guessing hes tryin to scream to those who did it to him, "If YOU were a guy who just had his pecker ripped of, would YOU wanna live? Press the DIE button, ya friggin moron!"....:wink:

Members online

No members online now.