• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

The Hunt for the Giant Pacific Octopus

Cerulean

GPO
Registered
I just watched this on Nat Geo. I think it will re air tomorrow. It was a pretty good, though basic, documentary of one team's journey to find the GPO. I don't think I learned anything new about octopuses, but it did reaffirm several things that I had otherwise only read about.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Unfortunately we only get basic cable now so I won't be able to see it unless (hopefully) it is one they release on the net.

Cerulean

GPO
Registered
Actually, at the beginning of the show the narrator stated there were almost 300 known species of Octopodes. I have never heard the number this high before.

Cerulean

GPO
Registered
Here is a 2 minute trailer. It's all I found with a cursory look. [video]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2010/04/13/VI2010041303264.html[/video]

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
That is a great show! I saw it when it first came out about a month ago. They were also showing 'Aliens of the Deep' over the weekend, but i dont know if they are going to play it again.

Members online

No members online now.