Squid and Octopus spotting

turned on the history channel and they were talking about the battle of salamis.... the greek fleet was described as an 'octopus emerging from it's rocky den'

pretty cool since the greeks won

tonmo said:

Thanks, Tony, you just gave me a much-needed smile! :biggrin2:

Well, among other things, I have been taking breaks from Purgatory -- anyone wanna be completely bored, you can e-mail or PM me about that -- by hanging out in the amazing world of anime. In fact, within the past few months I have blossomed into a full-fledged otaku (in the American fandom sense, I know it's a derogatory term in Japan).

Of course I did have some familiarity with the genre before -- remember some of our earlier discussions -- but now I belong to a group called Metro NYC Anime which has regular screenings and other fun events. And the more I learn about it, the more connections I see with both Cephs and the Cthulhu Mythos.

I also received a wonderful letter from Dr. William Gilly over two months ago, and am almost fearful of writing now because of the long delay, but Bill, if you're reading this, please expect a lengthy and very appreciative reply from me within the next week, and a profound apology for dragging my tentacles about it :oops:

Will be surfacing again soon.... till then, many-armed hugs to the lot of ye!

Your benthic Brooklyn buddy,
Tani

I was right

Hi all, whilst enjoying the 1st viewing of Spartacus junior's new Pingu video I swear that during the episode"Pingu & the many Packages" their was an ammonite on the outside wall of the shell shop.
I will confirm asap.

Phil, you may like to check out this episode to determine the species ? :grad:

i took a test the other day, and in the word knowledge section there was a question along the line of "the octopus wrapped its limber body around the rock.."

i was quite happy....

Mike,Lu and Og

In yesterday's episode (well, yesterday here) Mike, Lu and Og go out to a piarte ship wreak and are attacked by a giant pink octopus.

Yes, I do watch a lot of animation...

KRin

Phil said:
We miss you Tani! Please come back more often!

:heart:

Awwwww, you guys are so wonderful! Will do, and I am still determined to make it to TONMOcon #1 this summer.

Which reminds me.... exactly when is TONMOcon scheduled for (and, for that matter, where?). I want to know ASAP so I can get the family a hotel room, and also to make sure I don't schedule anything in advance for that weekend. Info, please? I've been outta the loop so long, I don't even know which thread it's being discussed on.

Domo arigatou gozaimashita!

Love ya,
Tani

just bought a bottle of squid brand fish sauce at a local asian market i found... ill try to get a picture up....

it was odd... the big bottles were in english but the small ones werent.... the one i got has a date from last year on it, but i dunno if thats production or use by.. the big ones read use by 5/06 so i guess ill be fine.... even if it is bad it was only a buck... but then again how does one tell bad fish sauce from good? (spoilage good/bad not quality)

im not going to worry... soy sauce is pretty much indestructable, so im sure fish sauce is pretty close....

Paul allen's [microsoft mogul/nba owner] biggest yacht (he apparently has at least three) is the second biggest yacht in america at 414' and is named Octopus......

In the Zelda games, one of the monsters is an octopus. Octorock? Octorok? Oktorok? Something like that. Then theres also Ursula form the Little Mermaid. :lol: Those are the only times i remeber seeing an octopus or squid.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back