sepia bandensis eggs

Discussion in 'Cuttlefish Care' started by dude4682, Apr 7, 2014.

1. dude4682

dude4682 Pygmy Octopus Registered

I have two dwarf cuttlefish eggs that I got recently. I don't know how old they are. but one of them is deflating. is this bad? I read online that cuttlefish eggs will deflate when they will hatch soon, but it has been about 4 days since it has started to deflate. the little embryo inside is still moving so I know that the little guy is alive. both eggs are really transparent. my other egg seems fine, and my aquarium has reef safe temperatures. this is my first time owning any cephalopod, and am gaining experience fast. thanks for the help.

2. shipposhack

shipposhack Haliphron Atlanticus Registered

Have you tested the rest of the levels? Out of my two clutches none of the deflated eggs hatched. If you can see the cuttle moving around and the eggs are clear they will hatch soon. Can you see any yolk left in front of the cuttles' mouths?

3. dude4682

dude4682 Pygmy Octopus Registered

unfortunately both of the cuttlefish eggs went bad, and after that my one cuttlefish disappeared. I have no clue where he went. how good of a hatch rate do these guys have? hopefully I can get some more soon

4. shipposhack

shipposhack Haliphron Atlanticus Registered

I think I had about 20 eggs and 15 hatched