[Octopus]: Second round of ceph care

Discussion in 'Cephalopod Journals' started by redddogg69, Apr 2, 2012.

1. redddogg69

redddogg69 Cuttlefish Registered

So after the passing of my A.Aculateus I decided to take some time to get another ceph. Three days ago I happened upon this guy at my favorite ceph retailer. I'm not sure the species, but he/she looks very healthy (aside from the end of one leg that was damaged and appears to be regenerating very nicely). It is very active in the morning and stays out playing for about three to four hours after sunrise before retiring for the day. Does anyone know the species? It looks similar to the ceph in the tonmo banner at the top of the page. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cuddlycuttlefsh

Cuddlycuttlefsh Vampyroteuthis Registered

The coloration and ratio brought me to think of O. merc, but the lights are on and I am skeptical about my guess on the size of him/her from the pictures. Is the ceph more active in the day? Other than that, I have nothing else to say except what a cool creature your octopus is.

3. iAlex

iAlex Vampyroteuthis Registered

He looks awesome! :welcome:

4. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Nice looking octopus - and is visible, too, Congratulations on finding a good one!

Nancy

5. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

From the photos (always a prospective issue), I would say the arms are too thick, the mantle too round and the eye stalks too large and too close together to be a merc.