Ordovician in Tennessee (Help!)

with your scientific mind and my ability to stumble onto good fossil sites and then charm the owners of the property into giving me access
Odd notions you have :biggrin2: I DID passed my science courses but have never found a fossil in my life and failed charm school I'm afraid. Walking around in an area where I could hammer in the dirt on a sunny afternoon and actually find any fossil would be totally entertaining though. How far (drive time) are you from Atlanta?

"D" About a 5 hour trip from Atlanta and Kevin will have a nice 2 or 3 days on the road! I still vote Utah, Kevin has Cretaceous rocks and much better scenery, better yet we could meet up with Hajar in Oman (just dreaming)!:razz:

Yes, how delightful that would be, to be people of both leisure and means, able to visit all the classic places at will. Seriously, anybody visiting this part of the world just give me a shout. We have Precambrian stromatolites through to Neogene coral reefs in the mountains, tropical seas just a few minutes away and we just counted up 25 species (in 6 phyla) in our aquarium (though no cephalopods!).

Glad you suggested that, I wanted to buy one on 8/8 with the mega ball and one of the numbers as 8's to do my part for International Ceph day :mrgreen:

Believe it or not Kevin I have seen that map before:tongue:, I lurk around on the USGS website a lot. It took me forever to figure out what map to use, and that I could get coordinantes on my phone. I am going to have to check out Tn. Cretaceous rocks some day, Have you done any reading about Coon Creek? Interesting story about the geologist that mapped that area (a long time ago).

Anyway, while I have your attention, is this a section of a nautiloid ? If it is, it will be the first curved one I have found, it is from the same location as the last pictures I posted, it is also very small.

Attachments

• conv_297087.jpg
    conv_297087.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 129
  • conv_297088.jpg
    conv_297088.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 138
  • conv_297089.jpg
    conv_297089.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 129

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back