NASA Shoots Legos, Worms And Squid Into Space - NPR

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff

[SIZE=-2]Wired News (blog)[/SIZE]

NASA Shoots Legos, Worms And Squid Into Space
[SIZE=-1]NPR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Robert Siegel speaks with Julie Robinson, International Space Station program scientist, about the Legos, roundworms and squid embryos riding along on the Space Shuttle Endeavour's last mission to space. The shuttle program is being discontinued. ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Squid go into space – for the sake of humanity[SIZE=-1]New Scientist[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Baby Squid, Bugs and Microbes Launched Into Space[SIZE=-1]Wired News (blog)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Why NASA is sending a baby squid into space and then killing it[SIZE=-1]DVICE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Discovery News -Ocala -ScienceBlogs (blog)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 21 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

Sometimes I just get lucky. Not usually, but this seems to be one of those times. I live less than an hour from Cape Canaveral and it just so happens that my LFS had a connection with the folks working on the "squids in space" project referenced above.

To cut to the chase . . . they have 2 bobtail squid that I should be picking up Thursday. I stopped by and saw them yesterday. It's 2 males which were supposed to be a male and a female but the project didn't have a surplus female. So 2 males will still be cool to observe and record.

I'll start a thread once I get them home.

Reef Geek;178337 said:
Sometimes I just get lucky. Not usually, but this seems to be one of those times. I live less than an hour from Cape Canaveral and it just so happens that my LFS had a connection with the folks working on the "squids in space" project referenced above.

To cut to the chase . . . they have 2 bobtail squid that I should be picking up Thursday. I stopped by and saw them yesterday. It's 2 males which were supposed to be a male and a female but the project didn't have a surplus female. So 2 males will still be cool to observe and record.

I'll start a thread once I get them home.

Can your LFS ship these squid?

skywindsurfer;178339 said:
Can your LFS ship these squid?

Well they only got 2 and they don't need to ship them to my house. :wink:

I do know that the folks that collected them in Hawaii flew back with the squid to help increase their odds of survival. I'm still holding out hopes of getting a female since they are supposed to reproduce in captivity fairly well.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back