My research...

Taollan

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
I am not usually one to toot my own horn, but I thought I would share this with with a community that might appreciate it.
Walla Walla University recently featured my research in an article. This article, from what I gather, is largely for recruiting, alumni, etc, and as such isn't super technical. So, somewhat sheepishly :oops:, here it is:
http://www.wallawalla.edu/about-wwu...search/?tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=0679ed4ba1

robyn

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
This sounds really cool - are you going to publish your findings? I for one would be really interested to read about what you discovered.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Enjoyed reading the article!

Have you ever been bitten by O. rubescens? They are supposed to bite more than other octopuses, but you seem to be touching one.

Nancy

Taollan

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Absolutely, my plan is to publish my findings. There is some interesting and somewhat perplexing stuff going on with dietary lipids with O. rubescens.
Nancy, I have actually never been bit. I have handled them a reasonable amount, but have avoided their beak like the plague. They seem to be pretty aggressive at times trying to pull my hand/fingers towards their mouth. Especially when I have to fast them before testing. Anyhow, my major prof has been bit long before I was a student here, but had no ill effects.

Members online

No members online now.