Melissa off-line April 27 - May ??

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Hi gang

I've been quiet because I'm cleaning up to leave NYC for a little while. I take off next Tuesday. I won't be able to follow the site for the first week I'm away, academic things will take all my time. After that, you'll hear from me in Hong Kong and Bangkok. :mrgreen:

Melissa

krin

GPO
Supporter
Trip

Make sure to balance work with play!

Maybe someone in the markets will make you some nice octopus and squid shaped jewellery, they seem to make everything else.

Have fun

KRin

Melissa

Supporter
Re: Trip

Thanks, all. I will post pictures once I get settled. You've forced me to make beach and snorkeling plans to look for octos!

Melissa

Melissa

Supporter
Greetings from Hong Kong!

I'll try to be online for the chat. HOng Kong is full of seafood. Street vendors have skewers full of tentacles. The tentacles have been cut off so I can't say whether they are octo or squid. Probably all of the above. I've stuck to other seafood for the most part.

I'll be off line for most of the next week, until I'm settled in an apartment.

Melissa

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
8) the Internet rocks. Say hi to Hong Kong for us Melissa! (I think we have some Hong Kong members here too, don't we? Maybe at one time...)

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Exchanged emails with Melissa the other day, she's excited about returning to the states (soon)! She misses TONMO.com :) We miss her too!

Melissa

Supporter
I'm home! I'm back on TONMO, too.

Hong Kong and Bangkok were terrific, with fabulous food - including some cephs. I went snorkeling for a day and stayed out of the way of the sea urchins at low tide, but I didn't see any cephs that weren't in a bowl or skewered and put on the grill. :P

Melissa

Members online