• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Madrona Point - several pacific giant octopus

Tom Hlavac

O. vulgaris
Registered
We dove Madrona Point (southwest shore of Northwest Bay, north of Nanaimo, BC, Canada) on New Year's Day, 2014. Several octopus, 6 larger and 2 smaller, observed during the dive. Madrona Point's big wall has several vertical and horizontal cracks, and there are boulder dens along the swims to/from the shore.

- highlights

- segment 1 of the full dive, from this youtube you can link to the other segments

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Tom,
LOL, every time I saw suckers, I stuck my nose closer to the screen, trying to see more :roll:

I was surprised to see flounder were found in cold water too! Is the large fish in the octo video a type of grouper? I know it is not the Goliath Grouper we see in the keys but it looked to be related (Panther maybe?).

Can I get you to edit your profile and include something about your home location?

Members online