Lovecraftian Question

Discussion in 'Culture' started by WhiteKiboko, Jan 1, 2004.

1. WhiteKiboko

WhiteKiboko Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

I went searching in the tangled web of Post Xmas Sales but couldnt find a decent target for my gift cards and store credits, so i ask the greater TONMO community, Is there a definitive collection of Lovecraft's works?? at best i can only find books that have maybe 10-15 stories, or only his most popular ones....

any help is appreciated :read:

2. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

As far as I know, there isn't any one volume that contains all of his work (be a heck of a big book!), but there are a bunch of collections, and I think that by getting three of them, you pretty much run the gamut...Del Rey puts out the most varied of stories (book 1:bloodcurdling tales of horror and the macabre, book 2:the road to madness, book 3:dreams of terror and death )
    If you want to read more Cthulhu stuff, I heartily recommend : Chaosium Fictions series...Lovecraft, Stephen King, Alan Dean Foster, William Murray and more...fanstastic stories !
    I have purchased all of these at Waldenbooks and Borders, so they shouldn't be too hard to get !
    Good hunting !
    Greg

3. Emperor

Emperor GPO Registered

You could get them all online via the H.P. Lovecraft library:

www.gizmology.net/lovecraft/

but the page(s) are down while the main site is up and working so its possible the long legal wrangle with the Lovecraft estate came off badly.

[edit: You can still get HTML versions here:

http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/

I think I have a lot of the PDFs from the closed library and I'm sure if you wanted a specific version someone could probably dig it up]

Emps