Living Giant Squid Gallery (www.tonmo.com) | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Living Giant Squid Gallery (www.tonmo.com)

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
  • The giant squid, Architeuthis dux, evaded being photographed alive for the whole of the 20th century. Finally in January 2002 one was caught by chance off Japan and photographed; since then there have been half a dozen giant squid caught alive and photographed.Here is a slideshow of all known living Architeuthis photographs. If anyone is aware of any other images, please drop me a line.If anyone enjoyed this, please have a look at my 'Colossal Squid Gallery' for images of the giant squid's bigger cousin. I've also added a short video on belemnites which were extinct cousins of squid and only known from fossils.For more information on these, and other cephalopods, please visit www.tonmo.com.
  • ---

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards