Live Chat Room Archives

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Reaction score
Jun 21, 2014 12:50 AM - Inkman: Hi d
Jun 21, 2014 12:52 AM - Inkman: I think you may find my tank build worthy of your sticky lol

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Reaction score
Jul 2, 2014 8:30 PM - tonmo: Hi folks - chat still exists, but I've removed the sidebar Chat modules to speed up page load times. I'll reinstate the sidebar for the next major live event. Meanwhile, we can still use this chat room to plan minor events (e.g., TV documentary), or anything else as applicable. And the archives will post daily as long as there's chat content to share. Like this message! :)

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Reaction score
Aug 1, 2014 at 9:25 PM - Stavros: Hi, what's the size limit for uploading photos here? Thanks

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
@Stavros, not sure. I remember we had a few issues with upload memory size after switching servers but I don't know what end limit was established. I know it is greater than 64 MB. If you try to load a large image and it shows successfully uploaded but then does not show, this would be the symptom of an upload too large on the server side. If the software limit is exceeded, I believe it will give you an error message. If either case occurs, let me know the image size and I will see if I still have admin access as Tony may not be accessable for a bit.

Stavros

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I have a few images at ~ 9-12 MB each. I tried uploading one of them but it didn't go through as image was larger than the (unknown) maximum allowed size.

Last edited:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure if you saw Tony's reply in the live chatroom so I am repeating it here:
if you are talking about Photos submitted to the forums, the limit is currently 20mb. For our Gallery, it *was* only 5mb, but I've just upped it to 20. Hoping that solves the issue!
Let me know if you are able to upload now. If not I will hunt up (or take) some larger images to figure out additional issues.

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Reaction score
Aug 3, 2014 6:38 PM - tonmo: if you are talking about Photos submitted to the forums, the limit is currently 20mb. For our Gallery, it *was* only 5mb, but I've just upped it to 20. Hoping that solves the issue!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyledkserra

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards