Knitty: Nautie | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Knitty: Nautie

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
My sister sent me the following link. Very impressive!!

Knitty: Nautie

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Just printed the pattern.Thanks, Trixabellfluffywootums.

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Oh poo, the GF has just seen this. I just know what my birthday present is going to consist of now. Bah!

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Oh don't give her ideas! She's already made a few cuddly Anomalocaris and trilobites, in fact she got so good at them she actually managed to sell a couple!

Between you and me, a few weeks ago I stuffed them into a box somewhere and can't find them right now. If I can dig them out I'll post a picture or two. And it'll also be appropriate to have them out on display next time she pops round. :sad:

What is going on in my life? :hmm:

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Indeed, just look at it's oodly woodly grasping appendages (fka "weird shrimps") and its big floppy wavy things, awwww :wink:

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Yeah, Ob, exactly. Adorable. How could anybody who belongs to a pro-cephalopod site not find other weird invertebrates cuddly? I want a knitted squilla! Maybe Sorseress will read this (she's a knitting monster, by-the-by).

Clem

Architeuthis
Supporter
bobwonderbuns said:
I want that room-long knitted architeuthis (previously featured in one of the long lost forums) :mrgreen:
It's not lost, it's right here.

When I saw "Knitty: Nautie," I thought Tony'd dreamed up a TONMO underwear collection.

:sly:

Clem

Graeme

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
ob said:
Indeed, just look at it's oodly woodly grasping appendages (fka "weird shrimps") and its big floppy wavy things, awwww :wink:
Not to mention it's ikcle wee boggly eyes!

:lol: mebbe's I should get my gran to knit me a couple! And why not?

Graeme

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Thanks, I'll pass it on. You never know she might take commissions as I know she still has the patterns. It might cost the price of materials first though, and most likely, I'll have to feed her an orange too.

Members online

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards