• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

"killer squid" on the discovery channel (US) momentarily

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
There appears to be a "killer squid" show (from the short description it sounds like humboldts) on the discovery channel tonight, 10pm and 1am, so starting in 1/2 hour on both Eastern and Pacific time zones... might be worth a look...

:squid:

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
Yup. Dosidicus. And some William Gilly interviews. They start with the sensational "man-eating squid" theme, but then show that when they're not stressed, they're clever and more-or-less friendly. Lots of very good footage, although not too much science... :grin:

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
chrono_war01 said:
Man! I always miss these shows.
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be sold on the discovery.com web site, either. It's still on our tivo-like DVR thing, but our VCR is busted, so I can't make a tape of it (and our DVR is almost full, so I can't keep it for long unless I find a bunch of other stuff to delete).

It's probably not popular enough to be a big seller to their "normal" audience, but as someone who spend a lot of time watching sh*thead the squidcam squid, I enjoyed it immensely. It'll probably get re-run at some point; it seemed to be part of a "killer things saturday," since there were "killer bees" on afterwards, and I think "killer ants" was just before...

Members online

No members online now.