Japanese researcher took years...

bobwonderbuns

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Hi y'all!! Has anyone heard this -- the Japanese researcher who finally got the giant squid on film had been searching for something like 12 - 14 years. My friend told me that this evening and is trying to find a link to where she read it. I was wondering if any of you had heard this.

Cheers! :biggrin2:

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Oh Cindy, haven't you recognised my avatar yet?

(Not that this post will make any sense in a couple of months time when I change it to Kubodera and Mori on Space Hoppers).

bobwonderbuns

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
I got the picture and I know the story, it's the fact that he took 14 years to get the squid. So many others have been out searching, our own Dr. SOS among them! :wink: Remember, the giant squid was the holy grail of squiddom! (Well, I guess Messie has that honour now!) :snorkel:

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Steve, if you get an opportunity please ask Dr Kubodera if he intends to release the rest of the images into the public domain. So far I believe us mortals have only seen six out of five hundred and fifty photographs.

We are an eager audience!

bobwonderbuns

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Originally posted by Phil
Steve, if you get an opportunity please ask Dr Kubodera if he intends to release the rest of the images into the public domain. So far I believe us mortals have only seen six out of five hundred and fifty photographs.
We are an eager audience!
Amen!! :snorkel:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Phil, that was the first thing that came to mind for me too... I was actually going to try to corner Steve and ask him to entertain a joint octopodcast but I didn't have the gumption :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowtbc

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak