Introduction and blatant plug

Mr. Cuttles

Hatchling
Registered
Hey everybody!

I came to this board when looking for some news on cephalopods. I'm half the members on a new podcast (aptly named "CephaloPod". It's ok. You can groan now) that you can find at http://cephalo-pod.blogspot.com/ . We generally only focus on sea life once a week in our "Sea Thing of the Week," but I'm going to try to keep a fair number of news articles ocean-related too. Our overall goal is to promote science and skepticism, but we've got to pay our rent when it comes to the name of the show.

As a side note, if anybody here does research involving our tentacle buddies, we're looking to do interviews on our podcast, and we'd love to interview YOU!

Enough of the plug, I guess. You'll most likely see me elsewhere on the forums, though, so I just wanted to say hi. :)

ckeiser

GPO
Supporter
Welcome, my friend. I am in full support of anyone promoting science and (rational) skepticism.

I've done a lot of library-based research on cephalopod body patterning and visual communication, though this might not warrant an interview.

Cheers man, and best wishes for the podcast.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
:welcome: to TONMO... we now have cephalo-pod, cephalopodcast, and octopodcast!

Mr. Cuttles

Hatchling
Registered
Yeah, I didn't realize until after the creation of the podcast that there was already a Cephalopodcast. I hope I'm not treading on somebody else's territory. :(

Noadi

Cuttlefish
Registered
Always cool to see more science and skepticism podcasts, especially if they involve cephalopods. The name is a bit close, but I don't think it's a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcorbell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards