Introduction and blatant plug

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mr. Cuttles, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Mr. Cuttles

Mr. Cuttles Larval Mass Registered

Hey everybody!

I came to this board when looking for some news on cephalopods. I'm half the members on a new podcast (aptly named "CephaloPod". It's ok. You can groan now) that you can find at http://cephalo-pod.blogspot.com/ . We generally only focus on sea life once a week in our "Sea Thing of the Week," but I'm going to try to keep a fair number of news articles ocean-related too. Our overall goal is to promote science and skepticism, but we've got to pay our rent when it comes to the name of the show.

As a side note, if anybody here does research involving our tentacle buddies, we're looking to do interviews on our podcast, and we'd love to interview YOU!

Enough of the plug, I guess. You'll most likely see me elsewhere on the forums, though, so I just wanted to say hi. :)

2. ckeiser

ckeiser GPO Supporter

Welcome, my friend. I am in full support of anyone promoting science and (rational) skepticism.

I've done a lot of library-based research on cephalopod body patterning and visual communication, though this might not warrant an interview.

Cheers man, and best wishes for the podcast.

3. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

:welcome: to TONMO... we now have cephalo-pod, cephalopodcast, and octopodcast!

4. lance

lance Wonderpus Registered

welcome to TONMO

lance

5. Mr. Cuttles

Mr. Cuttles Larval Mass Registered

Yeah, I didn't realize until after the creation of the podcast that there was already a Cephalopodcast. I hope I'm not treading on somebody else's territory. :(

6. Noadi

Noadi Cuttlefish Registered

Always cool to see more science and skepticism podcasts, especially if they involve cephalopods. The name is a bit close, but I don't think it's a problem.

7. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Welcome to Tonmo ! I doubt anyone would be against more yapping about cephs.